The Student Advisory Council is an important part of Culture Shock Miami! Members are involved in all aspects of decision making and serve as ambassadors for the arts throughout Miami-Dade County.
As a Council member you get to:
- Attend shows and visit museums!
- Write for the Student Council blog
- Develop social media campaigns
- Advocate the importance of the arts in the community
- Staff the info table for events throughout the season
- Serve on committees that assist with planning and/or promoting events
- Share information about Culture Shock Miami with your community
- Learn about the administrative side of the arts
- Receive volunteer credit for your school (as applicable)
We meet virtually during the school year (September - May) on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month from 3:30 - 5:00 PM.
Applications for the 2021-2022 Council are now open! You must be within the program's age range (13-22) to apply. Applications will be due by Monday, July 26th at 11:59 PM.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020-2021 Student Council Members