Submitted by marymar on Tue, 11/29/2016 - 4:50pm
Thank you for your interest in the Battle of the Marching Bands contest sponsored by South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center (SMDCAC) and Culture Shock Miami. The Battle of the Marching Bands contest consists of two rounds: an initial video submission, and an onsite performance where bands will compete for the top spot.
The following information explains the contest and guidelines for participation.
- Must be an accredited public or private school or an affiliated home school entity in Miami-Dade County.
- Participants must be in grades 9-12
- All participants must be enrolled in the sponsoring school.
- Marching Bands only.
- Complete the official Battle of the Marching Bands Consent Form.
- Submit a high quality, 2-minute video of your band’s performance from any in-school activity/practice or sports function.
- Video submissions will be judged by a panel of professional musicians. Finalists will be announced by late-February 2018.
- The top five finalists will be invited to perform at the Battle of the Marching Bands event at SMDCAC in Cutler Bay on Friday, April 6, 2018. Transportation will be provided by the Department of Cultural Affairs.
- The winning group will receive a $500 prize. Receipt of this prize is contingent upon submitting the required Miami-Dade County vendor forms within 30 days of being announced as the winner.
- Participation consent form must be received by Friday, January 26th. Email form to Info@cultureshockmiami.com.
- Video must be no longer than 2 minutes. Entries longer than 2 minutes will be disqualified.
- Video must be received by Friday, February 16th (include link in Video submission field in from below).
- Videos without consent form received by the deadline will not be accepted.
- Video must include participants only.
- Video must include school name and teacher’s name, phone # and email.
- Be creative and showcase your talents!
- Please direct questions to Info@cultureshockmiami.com or call 305/375-1949.